Simple, minor changes can lead to a big improvement, but sometimes a little extra effort is required.
A few simple tips
Before and during the meeting
• Switch off or turn down any distracting or noisy fans.
• Don’t drum your fingers or tap a pen on the table.
• Remember that the screen of your laptop can obstruct the microphone.
• Don’t put papers or folders over any extra microphones on the table.
• Don’t put your hand on your chin (over your mouth) while talking.
• Avoid background noise from other rooms and outside by closing doors and windows.
• If you are participating from another location that is quite noisy, turn off the microphone (mute) when you are not talking. Try to find somewhere else to sit if possible.
Tips for if you are still not happy with the sound quality
Today’s modern, stripped back rooms are the most common cause of poor sound quality during teleconferences. A cold room causes sound to bounce around, prolonging the reverberation period. Decorate and furnish the room to reduce reverberation.
When the voice pickup range is greater than 30 m²
Extra microphones can be added to a number of Konftel’s phone models. This can more than double the voice pickup range. Konftel phones (300 series) come with three hypersensitive microphones which pick up and transmit sounds to meeting participants.
During lectures or presentations, the person delivering the talk often stands slightly apart from the other participants. Connecting a wireless headset to a Konftel 300 or 300IP enables the speaker’s voice to be transmitted via the conference phone.
PA system connection
For larger conferences, much more powerful sound is required. The Konftel 300 and 300IP can be connected to external speakers and microphones via a PA system using the Konftel PA Interface box (item number 900102087). This provides plenty of opportunity for customising conference equipment to suit your specific needs.
3/F,Building#10, Jiu Xiang Ling Industrial Zone,Xili
Nanshan District, Shenzhen, 518055, China